The automatic transmission is intended to simplify driving. The transmission transfers power from the engine to the wheels to move the car in the desired direction. An automatic one is done of an complex circuitry and complicated electronic functions, and you may spend some money in its maintenance. Although a BMW automatic transmission repair can be not so cheap, as it envolves a lot of electrics, it is essencial to a great performance of your BMW.
A regular maintenance is very important to keep your BMW in good shape – it could prevent a big issue in your car. Usually, automatic transmissions last around 150,000 to 200,000 miles or approximately 7 years. Of course that time and mileage vary between car drivers and how they use the transmission.
The driver should pay attention to some traces that indicate a problem in the BMW automatic transmission:
- Weird smells: as transmission fluid runs low or degrades, it overheats and starts to burn;
- Noises: grinding, humming or whining sounds are signs of automatic transmission problems;
- Difficulty Automatically Shifting: your BMW is hesitating or giving you no response;
- Shaking: normal transmission shift smoothly, if it vibrates somethig is wrong;
- Difficulty Shifting From Park to Reverse and vice versa: low fluids and worn transmission bands can difficult shifting gears.
In order to prevent big problems in your car, provide it a regular service. Take your BMW to a loyal Auto Works, as Gold Coast in Pompano Beach (FL), and check with the expert if it is time to change the automatic transmission oil and filter. Usually these components are changed every 50,000 to 70,000 miles. But noticing any signs written above, take your car to a review.
Finally, here are some smart driving techniques that can enhance the longevity of your automatic transmission: don’t drive before your engine and transmission warm up and don’t shift gears while the vehicle is moving. Thus, the automatic transmission will not be attacked and will fulfill its role properly.Tags: bmw, transmission