It is always important to keep your car A/C maintenance up-to-date. Even though the summer season has ended, it is time to prepare the entire system to the next hot season. If cool days have come, you certainly want your car heating system working perfectly.
BMW air conditioning systems are complex and often require help from a reputable service and A/C repair center, as Gold Coast Auto Works, car repair in Pompano Beach, FL. A/C systems include control system, vacuum lines and the refrigerant system and the most common complain of an owner is that the interior of the automobile is not coolling to a comfortable temperature.
There can be multiple reasons as to why the air conditioning does not work properly. That is why an experienced proffessional should take a look at those items below:
- AC Tune Up or Recharge;
- Electronic Climate Control Systems;
- Leak Detection;
- Faulty Cooling Fans.
Here are some of the most done services in a BMW A/C system at Gold Coast Auto Works:
- Freon Pressure: to control the pressure in your BMW A/C system is way important, as too little pressure results in no cold air and too much pressure leads the compressor to destruction.
- Evaporator, Condenser and Compressor: these are vital components to your BMW climate control system‘s lifespan. The evaporator is in charge of turning the cooling chemical into a usable gas, while the condenser brings it back to liquid for cooling; the compressor is responsible for create pressure in the system, allowing everything to work together to keep your car cool.
- Refrigerant Levels: the refrigerant (freon) starts out as a gas in the low pressure side of the system; the constant circulation of refrigerant through the high and low pressure sides of the system keep your vehicle cool. If the pressure level of an A/C system drops too low, it has to be recharged.
- Condenser Fan: the A/C condenser fan is a rotating pump that circulates refrigerant throughout the system; if it isn’t working properly, the cold air doesn’t circulate in the vehicle.
- Noisy A/C: a problem with the compressor can result in noises ins ide your BMW, when the A/C system is cycling on and off repeatedly. If there is a problem such as a leak, the compressor turns on, then off, then on, then back off again. This is one of the reasons of the A/C noises.
- Valves and hoses: they are very important parts of the A/C system. If some are loose or damaged, it could compromise its functioning. Leackages can appear and the whole system can be affected. It is necessary regular maintenance in order to prevent worst problems in your BMW A/C.
The issues above can affect the the heating system as well, that is why the entire year is the perfect timing to take your car to Gold Coast Auto Works (Pompano Beach, FL) for a great maintenance of your dear BMW!Tags: air conditioning, bmw, heating